Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Sketchbooks





My first sketchbook will be debuting at the British International Comics Show on the weekend of the 3rd of october. The book is 84 pages and contains plenty of Angel-centric sketches, commissions, pencils and inks and the like. On top of that is a brand new intro by your-and-my favourite Angel scribe, Brian Lynch. I'm really happy with how the book turned out, so if you're attending the con be sure and drop by the Ecclectic Micks table to check it out.
Speaking of the Micks, our first group sketchbook will also be making it's bow at BICS(you wait ages for one, then two come along at once...). Jam packed with the highlights from the first year of the Micks blog, it contains some really stellar stuff.
Please stop by and have a look if ye make it to the con!
It's possible that the books will be made available from the blogs in the near future too, for those that can't make it to conventions. I'll keep you posted.

16 comments:

jamie said...

wow,that's awesome.
please put me down for a copy of each,
thanks.
x

Declan Shalvey said...

That is one spiffy looking book sir, and i speak of the Soul Survivor one.

That Micks one will have 6 guys (other than you) bringing down the quality of the whole thing.

Stephen Mooney said...

Aint that the truth.

Brian Lynch said...

These both look awesome. You should be proud, man.

Stephen Mooney said...

Cheers Brian! And thanks so much again for the intro, you rock each of my socks.

Skytteflickan88 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Skytteflickan88 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Skytteflickan88 said...

I love that you're doing this. Hopefully you'll sell a few online, so that I don't have to get into bidding wars on ebay, because I really want a couple.

Stephen Mooney said...

No worries Caroline, I'll hook ya up

Skytteflickan88 said...

Sweet!

Skytteflickan88 said...

Btw, just want to make sure you understood that I meant two Angel sketchbooks. Unless the other one is featuring art not seen on the blog?

Stephen Mooney said...

Yeah, I figured you meant 2 Angel ones, no worries. The Micks book has 120 pages of new art from the Eclectic Micks blog, 18 pages of me, and the rest divided between those six other mooks. It isn't Angel-related art so I dunno how pushed you be to pick it up.
That said it is good!

Gillian Comerford said...

Stephen, Stephen, Stephen...look at you being all pro and stuff with your sketchywetchybooks....wooooo!
I too am proud of you. You must be proud of you.

jamie said...

dear stephen,
thanks for the sketchbook... it was by far the best book of its kind i've ever bought,apart from the travis charest one i got and the adam hughes ones,and the dave dorman book i got years ago...
as we were heading out i realised i'd missed you to pick up that sketch,but no worries...
if you whack it up on the blog,i can print off a copy from there and maybe see you another time.
thanks again,it was a right pleasure meeting you and the other micks,
even dec!
best,
jamie.

Stephen Mooney said...

Wow, thanks so much for the kind words Jamie! Charest and Hughes are pretty much my two favourite artists, so to be mentioned in the same breath is ridiculously flattering.
And don't worry, your sketch is going nowhere. I'll hold onto it for you ti next we meet, no worries!
Gill, you're the bestest. You saying you're proud of me makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside!

Skytteflickan88 said...

So how are things going with these?