Friday, May 18, 2007

Declan Shalvey conquers UK, Phones Mammy

HUGE congrats to the D-Shalv on his Eagle Award win last Saturday night at the Bristol Comic Con. His Book 'Herokillers' won... the award for whatever category it was in! Best Black and White book maybe! It's a great achievement so early on in his career, as the Eagles are second only to the Eisner Awards in terms of industry recognition and prestige. Fair play to ye Dec! And yes, this is the same award I FAILED to win last year.... sigh... what? Leave me alone.

5 comments:

Will Sliney said...

Haha. Best title ever. I think however he would prefer to use the word "Mammy" though

Stephen Mooney said...

Lemme just fix that...

Declan Shalvey said...

Indeed. Mammy's always good.
Sound Steve!
Dec.

Scribbler said...

hard luck with the champions league man, you must be pretty depressed! Your blog is comin on though, great work on display!

Stephen Mooney said...

Great work me arse. Just treadin water til I can get the new website done. Just finished the first issue of the new book, the one that's all pencils. I'll send the art onto ya.